Galaxy Online 3 Today: 0    Total Posts: 394

Moderator: Ring

Total:#13

Poll

[News] User Experience Survey

[Copy link] 12/2467 [The poll has ended.]

Posted on 6/8/15 4:10:49 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

There have been some major changes to the feature that allows players to contest Resource Planets. We will like to know how everyone feels about the changes so we may further improve your experience in Galaxy Online 3. We deeply appreciate your time in filling this out and providing us with your valuable opinion.

1.Defending guild should be allowed to send additional fleets to the Resource Planet as reinforcements while it is being contested.
 A. Yes         B. No

2. Both defending and invading guilds are allowed a maximum of 200 fleets each per Resource Planet battle.
 A. Increase the limit        B. Decrease the limit        C. Leave it as it is.

3. When the Resource Planet goes into protection phase while still being contested,
 A. the battle ends immediately, with the Resource Planet remaining in the control of the defending Guild, and all invading fleets returning to their respective bases.
 B. the battle continues until its conclusion.

4. Captains whose fleets were destroyed in the battle for the Resource Planet 
 A. will return to base with a recovery period, and cannot be deployed again until both the end of the recovery period AND the end of the Resource Planet battle that the Captain previously took part in.
 B. will return to base without a recovery period, and be immediately available for deployment with a new fleet.
 C. will return to base with a recovery period, after which the Captain can be deployed again with a new fleet.

Multiple Votes(No. of selections allowed:4) , Show results after voting

The poll has ended.

1. A. Yes

2. B. No

3. A. Increase the limit

4. B. Decrease the limit

5. C. Leave it as it is

6. A. the battle ends immediately,

7. B. the battle continues until its conclusion.

8. A. with a recovery,cannot be deployed again

9. B. without a recovery,be immediately available

10. C. with a recovery,captain can be deployed

The poll has ended.

Signature
Like IGG on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/igg
Follow IGG on Instagram http://instagram.com/iggigotgames/
Like CC on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/CastleClash
Like COL2 on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ClashofLordsII
Like DH on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/deckheroes
Posted on 6/8/15 8:38:47 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

this is a very confusing survey.

Signature
Like IGG on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/igg 
Follow IGG on Instagram http://instagram.com/iggigotgames/ 
Like CC on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/CastleClash 
Like G02 on Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/GalaxyOnlineUs
Like G03 on Facebook  
Posted on 6/8/15 8:07:52 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

1.Defending guild should be allowed to send additional fleets to the Resource Planet as reinforcements while it is being contested.
B. No

2. Both defending and invading guilds are allowed a maximum of 200 fleets each per Resource Planet battle.
 A. Increase the limit

3. When the Resource Planet goes into protection phase while still being contested,
 A. the battle ends immediately, with the Resource Planet remaining in the control of the defending Guild, and all invading fleets returning to their respective bases. After all that's what TRUCE means, alternatively just leave in in battle mode all the time. and allow reinforcements from both sides.

4. Captains whose fleets were destroyed in the battle for the Resource Planet 
 A. will return to base with a recovery period, and cannot be deployed again until both the end of the recovery period AND the end of the Resource Planet battle that the Captain previously took part in.

Signature
The Sweet and Innocent One
Guild Jester/Clown of UDB
Worshiper of BACON
Been locked out of my account or has had the account rendered unusable 5 times since GO3 started (record holder and/or #2 record holder if BigBennik has been locked out more than 5 times)
Posted on 6/9/15 5:03:02 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

It's kind of hard to understand the options, they should be a little clearer, i.e. do all these rules apply to both attacker and defenders

Signature
J.B. LUNACRON
Posted on 6/10/15 8:16:37 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

looks pretty inconclusive on everything but the rp battles should end after 24 hrs if the rp is in truce phase there should not be any battle, a truce is a ceasefire e.g. fighting should end (.)

Signature
Posted on 6/10/15 9:34:57 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I feel like there may be some questions that are more so tied together rather than separate instances, like i'd rather have both or neither, but it really is time for a complete overhaul on how planets are attacked/defended....instances/reasons:

Yes, however only in the event that there's a recovery time frame of captains to do so (associated with question 4) and the max number of fleets is not increased (associated with question 2).

---Cooldown associated with re-using said captain would be nice as an extra meta to how/when you use certain captains to defend, also this would prevent the re-spamming of certain strategic captains. ie. kasey, sandora, shabasti, maxius, b9, rio. Also, varying these cooldown times based on the type of captain may be interesting to strategies on both sides. ie. vets - 3 hour base; elites - 4 hour base; legends - 6 hour base; mythics - 8 hour base...compounded with a modifier of some sort of +1 star (promotion) = +20 minutes, and/or +10 levels = +10 minutes. Allowing the strategy to choose between spamming weaker captains with fewer numbers, or defending / waiting the extra time to bring in that heavy hitter you need back.
---if the max number of defending fleets is increased, there will be too many fleets to viably make an actual strategy as an attacker. You'll still be stuck in the trap of.....break through gate block; mop up rest of ships. So if the number of ships is increased, then do not allow reinforcements for defenders while the planet is in battle.

(I chose A, yes)

to meet requirements for question 1, I'd choose either stay the same, or fewer.

However, a completely different direction would be, increase the limit, and don't allow reinforcements on the defending side (like it is now) but also; don't allow deceased captains to come back on the assault side. This would make defenders have a larger advantage than they do now....to balance this out, open up both the eastern and western gates as an ability to enter the battlefield for the assault ships. Meaning the defenders need to have their defenses spread out on all 3 gates....minimizing the dumb meta of 'gate blocking'. You might think that this would mean gate blocks will be set up on each gate now, but this wouldn't happen if you think about the scenario/strategy an attacking force would use in this instance.

(I chose B, decrease)

My initial thought would be that it continues on until the planet battle is finished with no further reinforcements; and if the number of fleets is increased, I'd agree with this happening.

However, if the max fleet numbers are lowered, then it may be nice to have the planet battle ended upon ending of battle phase. As the defenders will have shown much more activity in defending the planet over these 24 hours, it may be rewarding that their effort in the 24 hour period were not in vein.

(I chose B, continue)

4. Captains whose fleets were destroyed in the battle for the Resource Planet...

Option A, boggles my mind thinking of the potential strats that would be used for specific captains in this instance, I feel like it's too confusing to even think about without writing down. And not something I could confidently vote on without seeing specific numbers. (Because, it's interesting thinking about how across defending multiple planets you need to choose where a captain starts off or else they won't be able to come to the next one if killed, and at the same guarantees they can't re-enter the battle they just came from, this completely depends on the resolution to question 1. I think ultimately if this answer were chosen, there would be a huge amount of bugs associated with it, because there would be stored information for multiple timers on every single captain to include: which battles they've taken part in, that planet still being in battle phase or not, the cooldown timer...etc. Too many stored numbers and things to look at for every captain. If this happens, we had better get a nice ui to sort out all of our timers with associated captains....because I personally would give up having to go through each captain to see where/when/what can-be/was attacked.)

answer 'B' is filtered in my mind as: 'gg, no spam filters, everyone keep sending your best attack/tank ships. No strategy involved, just brute force this b****'

answer 'c' for this case is the only answer that I can back, as it doesn't involve massive amounts of numbers (potentially to get mixed up in bugs) and it allows reinforcements on both sides without people just spamming their best attack/tanks continuously.

(I chose C, redeploy after recovery timer)

There's a lot of options you can go to mix-up the current planet game. Ultimately, I feel like the direction should be, involve more activity from the whole guild (lower the power of any 1 specific individual....which there's many options here to do with timers) and mix-up the current strategy of 'block gate, kill ships' (alternatively, 'kill gate blocks, mop up rest of ships' )

Signature
Game enthusiast and knowledge whore.
Posted on 6/10/15 1:10:22 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Dear IGG,

Your Product Managers and/or Product Owners should be let go! Along with your QA team.

Fix the issues based on the rules and design specifications before you modify the current logic. If you cannot even fix your current issues, modifying your logic adds additional complexity to the system because you either don't know what the root cause of the problems to start off with.

1. B. No

2. A. Increase the limit       

3.  A. The battle ends immediately, with the Resource Planet remaining in the control of the defending Guild, and all invading fleets returning to their respective bases.

4. A. will return to base with a recovery period, and cannot be deployed again until both the end of the recovery period AND the end of the Resource Planet battle that the Captain previously took part in.

Signature
Posted on 6/11/15 11:12:44 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Ultimately, I don think any option will "help". The way RBP works comes directly from Go2 and we can easily see how that turned out. In, go2 RBP defense went from being a huge time and effort consuming feature to being just a race between players with the fastest acceleration chip or just swapping between alt and main guilds.

In my opinion, none of these options addresses the real issues. The real issues being viable and sustainable pvp, meaningful rewards that entice players to participate, No metrics to measure performance. 

Bottom line is this......

How can you incorporate features from Go2 with the same mechanics and with the same players, and expect a different outcome.

Signature
Not playing CC anymore
Posted on 6/11/15 1:45:16 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I think that it would be a solution if not more the players with most shoot downs the planet gets but the Guild with most shoot downs.

Signature
People always disqualify himself.
Posted on 6/11/15 6:44:16 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

1) If attackers can re-fleet to fit the current situation, defenders should be able to as well.

2) I rather like having a chance to see the battle depending on which device I'm using... can't be done unless there's a capacity limit apparently. Not to mention I believe both sides should be allowed reinforcements. We should be able to view the current situation before reinforcing, especially considering captains should be given a cooldown (or not even be allowed to join the same battle) after being destroyed. Leave it.

3) End immediately (after current round). 24 hours is obnoxious enough. If attackers can't take it, that's their problem. Neither attackers nor defenders like looking at their fleet list to see most of them still launched after 36 hours, it's freaking retarded and means less PvP when it's already lacking since so many fleets are deployed for so long. PvP needs to keep moving, not be stuck in a gridlock for 2 days. If the battle's to go on for the entire 100 rounds based on vote, the following truce period should not start until after the final battle finishes.

4) Captains should NOT be able to be sent to the same battle; period. However, I think it's total bull-pucky to not let the player have their captain to use elsewhere. This would limit the retard-rushes of pure glass just to be refleeted and retard-rush the next target bracket.

Note on #2 - before a battle starts, the average rank/level of defending fleets should be tallied up and limit attackers' ranks and levels based on that. Granted, this is just an idea but it's something that should be taken into consideration to keep those who aren't intelligent enough to plan and coordinate a real defense from packing their planet with trashy alts to keep more powerful attackers out.

My vote/opinions are based on trying to nudge players into more strategy and better ship designs. The mass f**k-fest of 1k or more fleets attacking 100-200 defending fleets was stupid; doubly so for the refleet glass and repeat as needed "tactic". Now that it's limited, it requires a bit more strategy on the attackers side and I believe it's other elements that need to be refined such as keeping lower levels out of the way and limiting the destroyed captains on attacking during the same battle.

Signature