Galaxy Online 3 Today: 1    Total Posts: 4600

Moderator: Ring

Total:#8

Create Thread

[Chat (Android)] New Pirates

[Copy link] 7/1192

Posted on 4/25/15 3:52:19 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Personally I hate the new pirates, its bad for small guilds or solo guilds and seems to be far to much effort for the small reward that you used to be able to get with one battle...  I think this was an error, the rush to give people something more to do was not considered for the negatives.

Signature
Ex GO2, S15, S20, S29 and FO2 S2 Leader of D_R
Posted on 4/25/15 5:59:30 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

solo guilds

An oxymoron and not even close the intention or design for guilds. I believe that point is irrelevant.

The small guilds are definitely getting hurt quite a bit. The new Corsairs does promote SOME extra coordination but... not by much. It's completely taken out the "teamwork" factor. It would be much more fun to allow several members (5 or so?) to fly together, so guilds can continue to coordinate "squadrons" or "wings"; 1 or 2 heavies with the rest as lower level wingmen.

The new Corsairs has the bonus of not requiring everyone to be on at the same time, giving some more of a chance to earn extra honor (more than the minimum reward). It also has the bonus of not giving only the single top gun the bonus honor...

Theory: This new Pirates event is to get around trying to fix original Pirates bugs, especially fleets getting stuck. Notice that you can "End Now"? It's like it's running on the same concept as missions/siege... solo.

Signature
Posted on 4/25/15 11:35:42 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

i would like it, if it was like humaroids in go2.

Signature
Posted on 4/25/15 5:36:45 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

The one thing we have been asking for is the ability to work together with other corp members and the only thing requiring teamwork however small the amount was the old pirates and now igg have taken it away. what is the thinking behind it igg? As someone else has mentioned what is needed is the ability to team up with 1-5 other members and the team with the highest amount of kills gets bonus honour. If this were possible i think it would improve it drastically.

Signature
The Pirate Slayer
Posted on 4/26/15 4:01:22 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

In the new pirate, do you have to completely destroy at least 1 planet to get any reward?

Signature
Posted on 4/26/15 4:32:57 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

After a couple more rounds with the new Corsairs, this entire gig is f**king bulls**t.

1) There is a base amount of honor listed on the pirates starting screen (deputies/generals see this). Rarely does anyone get that amount, it's more or less. What purpose does this serve?

2) ALL strongholds NEED to be cleared for ANY reward. On one level, it's too difficult and we can't finish; nobody gets honor. On the level below, it's too easy and several members don't even get a shot; some get bonus honor, some don't.

Now we need to play favorites for who gets more than a single shot for more honor? Rotate them around every day? That's crap for a daily gig and a completely WRONG form of coordination and teamwork.

We guild up to fly WITH each other and sometimes against other guilds. It's complete crap to FORCE a penalty on players; lower players for not being powerful enough or higher players to sacrifice theirs for others.

The least that could be done is give the entire guild their base amount of honor for clearing corsairs, and the ones who participate get bonuses based on kills; temporarily. Because in the long run, this Corsair system needs to go or be redone. It is a poor excuse for a "guild" event... just another solo gig with an MMO mask.

UPDATE: Received reward (for the first time) for both a) not fully cleared and b) didn't attack. My points still mostly remain valid.

Signature
Posted on 4/26/15 7:17:39 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I agree with the points DracoSys made.  The difficulty levels of Corsairs do not scale appropriately.  Some of our stronger members can solo a small planet, whereas our lower level members can barely get a shot off before they are wiped.  The general premise of Corsairs is good, but there NEEDS to be a way to do it in groups to incorporate a real sense of teamwork and to fairly distribute the honor throughout the guild.

Signature
Posted on 4/26/15 9:36:35 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

So it looks like you don't have to 100% clear the level and you still get some rewards. It is too bad we all solo the pirates now, but overall I am fairly pleased with the new content.

Signature
Like IGG on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/igg 
Follow IGG on Instagram http://instagram.com/iggigotgames/ 
Like CC on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/CastleClash 
Like G02 on Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/GalaxyOnlineUs
Like G03 on Facebook