Galaxy Online 3 Today: 1    Total Posts: 4600

Moderator: Ring

Total:#3

Create Thread

[Chat (Android)] Clarification On Defense Improvement

[Copy link] 2/1042

Posted on 4/27/15 10:07:31 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Wondering if anyone knew what exactly defense improvement "improved?" I know it improves ship defense, that part makes sense but what does it increase when it gets applied to all armors? Does that mean energy armor? Thats the only armor in the game that does any negating, just wanting clarification. Thanks!

Signature
Posted on 4/27/15 6:39:44 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Higher defense means more damage reduction. The precise formula for this is unknown at the moment. However, a lot of combat related attributes work similar in GO3 and they did in GO2. No guarantees - here is the defense formula from GO2:
A = Ship defense x 0.03
B = Ship defense x 0.03 +1
A / B = amount damage reduced (where 1 = all damage reduced)
A / B x 100 = % damage reduced.
For instance: a ship has 3.7 defense. That means it will negate ~10% damage.
A ship with 29 defense would negate ~46% damage.
Admin note: I can not find the people who wrote these formulas. Credits goes to them! Go2 wiki page about defense here.

Source: http://galaxyonlineiii.wikia.com/wiki/Ship_building_guide#Defense

Signature
Panis
Posted on 4/29/15 6:41:16 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I thank you for the response but it didn't answer my question sadly. I said I understood how the defense stat itself works but what I needed clarification on was what the other part means. Unless you answered my question and your stating that the decrease damage taken by all armors by 6% is added to the "defense" bonus then sweet that sounds legit but I dont think thats where its being applied to.

Signature