Galaxy Online 3 Today: 1    Total Posts: 4602

Moderator: Ring

Total:#2

Create Thread

[Chat (Android)] Starting positions for mission

[Copy link] 1/894

Posted on 4/30/15 10:35:17 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I noticed that no matter how I deploy my fleets before the mission starts, the order gets re-arranged when the fight starts. Is there anyway to make sure my tank fleets stay in front?

I also noticed that the AI will inexplicably target certain fleet even thought they are set to attack "highest hull" and the fleet they are attacking is my low armor glass fleet. Some days, they target Jaa-Si Leen, sometimes they target Don Rosinante. Once they start targeting that particular captain they will go at him/her for days until I change some of my fleet setup.

Anyway I can make sense of all these IGG logic?

Signature
Posted on 4/30/15 10:42:22 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

It's tricky to get tanks up front but it is possible.

1) start a battle and make a screenshot of your fleets and renember which fleets ended up at the front.
2) go to your fleet setup screen and change the captains. For instance, if your Don ended up at the front, change that captain to your prefered tanking captain.
3) change the ships accordingly.

Do NOT dissolve/disband the fleet - you must change the captain. This is very important. This is annoying work to do but right now it's the only workaround.

The enemy fleets moves to attack the fleet that has the highest combined shield+hull. Once it reaches that fleet it attacks. If it moves but can't reach the targeted fleet (because it's too far away), it will then attack the fleet which has the most hull + shield in reach. If there are no fleets in range by the end of the movement, it will not fire that turn and try again next turn.

You probably have identical fleets for Jaa-Si Leen and Don Rosinante, right? If that's not the case then I don't know what's going on.

Signature
Panis