Galaxy Online 3 Today: 1    Total Posts: 4605

Moderator: Ring

Total:#13

Create Thread

[Chat (Android)] The odyssey of a GO(n)er

[Copy link] 12/1958

Posted on 5/11/15 8:36:42 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Dear IGG,

as you might have noticed the game is almost dead (in-game chat is SLOW, there are approx 3 posts per day in the forum, guilds are looking for active players but really there is none left, more and more people are quiting every day, etc). As I am pretty sure you are not playing your own game to realise whats wrong and what needs change, let me break it down to you based on my experience. Except for the miserable support to the issues of your gamers (of which I have personal experience) and your bugs, there are many fundamental issues to the game, mostly related (1) to the resources problem which is still going and (2) the battle options of the game.

(1) RESOURCES! YES WE STILL HAVE A PROBLEM (the ones that havent quit at least)
Lets say a new player starts now the game. Getting to Capital 9 and might to 1.5k is somewhat easy; you get resources from quests and there are npcs in sieges that give significant resources for that level (50-100k each). Then the issues start; at 1.5k might, in the very very rare case you get an NPC in siege, it offers you the exquisite amount of 1.8k of each resource. While the costs for tech and building upgrades grow exponentially, your resource production does not, and without npcs the player gets stuck. Even if you somehow manage to get the resources for CC10, you will definitely get stuck at the very next level. While you cannot grow your techs and stay at the same might others who have been there a greater while OP you and steal whatever you make. So they quit! and game dies!

Now lets assume that the new player is stubborn and has not quit yet, and somehow (by clicking endlessly on that scan button until their wrist hurts or they are out of gold) MAGICALLY reached that desired 2.5k might, where npcs start. They start growing and reach the CC16 milestone where all the cool stuff open, usually by going up to 5k might. So what now? How to get to CC17, CC18, that Tia to lvl 7, etc? No NPCs anymore, CC might cost you 40m+ gold. Even with a top guild with high rp bonus and diamond VIP, I need 15 days to gather such amounts for a single upgrade (ofc assuming noone hits me). You get stuck again and might again consider quiting. This game becomes more of a PITA than a fun. Who wants that?

Resources should not be a good which you cannot have unless you spend SB. Thats the role of shards, gems and commanders.

(2) BATTLES. PvP GAMING IS NOT PART OF GO3!!!! GAME IS BECOMING BORING.
This is the major reason a built up player wants to quit. Currently the only PvP is rps and thats rare! You have to wait for an rp to open, and pray that it is defended. This rarely happens with only ~5 guilds defending very few rps. And why would more do it? Lock up your fleets for 24h to protect a 5% bonus? NO way! In the end, you have to wait for a defended rp to be open so as to have some fun (perhaps once every 3 days?).

RPs are not supposed to be our main PvP option.

And this sums up our potential for PvP. Oh excuse me, we have 1-vs-1 at sieges, another amazing success. In the rare case you get an opponent of your league and not 10 leagues above, you get to lose a ton of he3 (~10m he3) to the pds/ships in order to gain at best 1m each resource (at my level, 5k might). AND PLEASE dont jump to change the selection criterion, as it is not the issue here. 1-VS-1 is pointless, the opponent is offline, perhaps does not want to pvp, you cant brag, chat, have fun. So any changes regarding target selection and he3 consumption will not solve the issue. Sieges as is are not fixable and will never be appealing or fun.

Summing up, a) no resources, no growing, frustration and quit b) rp based pvp, locking up your fleets for 24h, limited rps to even find that pvp, boredom, quit.

My proposal (I am sure better ones might be there, but I will say what I thought)
a) Make a completely new PvP system, in the sense of GO2 arena and server wars. No need to run on someones planet like GO2, ships can be lost unlike arena, offer rewards based on SDs, offer 3 options; Player vs Player, Guild vs Guild, multiple guilds vs multiple guilds, the two parties should both want to start it to be fun.

b) Reduce sieging to PvE with only NPCs as the opponent. This can be our main resource source. Change the difficulty and resources based on might, tech, CC level.

c) Make rps unattackable. RPs and flipping was a major issue for frustration in GO2. It will be in GO3 sooner than later. Each guild should have their own rps, attached to the guild, unlocked based on guild level and upgradeable with guild wealth. Noone can attack them. If we have a full PvP system, we dont need to fight over rps. We will have better options.

PS: IGG, you are slower than the Greek public sector on taking actions. Do something quick, or this game will be more dead than the Greek economy.

A member hoping for a better game,
QueenX

Signature
Posted on 5/11/15 12:43:20 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I personally do not think there is a resource problem anymore...  I sit at 5001 might...  have just started cc17 a few days back and am sitting on a ton of res as usual...

Seems some people want res handed to them, only having NPC would break the game as then res would be too abundant...  Res and developement is balanced now...

PvP is the big problem in the game, you cannot have a good fight as its all or nothing in this game...  you should be able to join a battle and choose a side as in GO2...  game up on people as in GO2 so weaker players can take down the bigger...  Guild battles will be pointless in the end, some fun for a few weeks at most...  RBP's are pointless for PvP also as you know in a smaller guild you will get steamrollered and any defence is just a waste of ships...  I used to defend but can't be bothered anymore....  RBP's are just a race!!!!

'c) Make rps unattackable. RPs and flipping was a major issue for frustration in GO2. It will be in GO3 sooner than later. Each guild should have their own rps, attached to the guild, unlocked based on guild level and upgradeable with guild wealth. Noone can attack them. If we have a full PvP system, we dont need to fight over rps. We will have better options.' - I do really like this idea though.

Signature
Ex GO2, S15, S20, S29 and FO2 S2 Leader of D_R
Posted on 5/11/15 3:04:40 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I do not want resources to be handed to me. You and I for that matter are not representative samples. We are at 5k might, so this means that so far and since 2.5k might we have been having endless NPCs. Please let me know how it goes in 2 weeks when you will have to gather 50m gold for CC18 (I just started it), 10m he3 + 10m metal for research center, and 70m for Tia/Hamdar/whichever hull you have selected at lvl 7, and that without npcs. Because if you ask around, they will tell you that there is no NPC after 5k, except in the day of maintenance.

I agree though, that once you reach our level, although annoying, resources is not the most frustrating issue, but PvP is.

However, resources is a huge issue for new players. I challenge you to start a new account and see how easy it is to get resources, especially for the mid levels of CC12-16, unless you reach that desirable 2.5k might. I have done it, and the new player is stuck at CC14 for a month not being able to gather the 25m gold for next upgrade, since its always raided and not being able to get at 2.5k might since it is always paired with higher level players. And it is raided, because it does not get enough resources to learn higher techs (custom hulls, etc). Progress is so slow, that if I was a new member I d really consider quiting.

Signature
Posted on 5/12/15 4:35:34 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Resources are an issue if you actually play; primarily He3. He3 is one of the biggest reasons PvP via Siege is bullshit.

Defending a planet? Ha! We defend to make sure our planet is earned and not handed to racers as well as have fun with strategies and designs. Is it worth it? Not really depending on participation. Participation fluctuates based on players quitting and getting new ones who give what they got...
...just to get stomped on without putting a dent in the super-bored uber-heavy players, often quitting over time due to boredom and pointlessness in the game. Defending a low planet in hopes of keeping low profile thinking big guns don't care? keeping low guilds out? enticing similar leveled guilds/guild members to battle? Lulz. Full on planets or not, tons of hardcore heavy players are bored enough to trash it.
Oh, don't forget the He3 loss in planets is also permanent; attack or defense. Why even bother attacking a defended RBP around your own level?
I'm also getting sick of the races due to nobody wanting to defend (can you blame them?). 9 out of 10 times the race is won based on latency and who can load the fastest, select all fleets the quickest, and hit the attack button before anyone else. Did you make it first round? Roll for IGG fuckery check and see if you're labeled as guildless; shootdowns don't count.

I like the idea of permanent planets. Several guilds have already been trying to do RBP swaps in GO3. It may have worked many times but not necessarily guaranteed.

Shootdowns needs to be given something. Or a few things. Some resources (scavenging?), He3 or gold. Hell, even give captains some exp per 100 shootdowns or something.

A lot of the reasons I won't give IGG better than 1 star (on multiple Google accounts) or recommend GO3 to anyone is in this thread. I'm here. I'll support and stand by my guild. Not dragging anyone else into this hot mess though.

Signature
Posted on 5/12/15 7:00:52 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Defending a planet? Ha! We defend to make sure our planet is earned and not handed to racers as well as have fun with strategies and designs. Is it worth it? Not really depending on participation. Participation fluctuates based on players quitting and getting new ones who give what they got...
...just to get stomped on without putting a dent in the super-bored uber-heavy players, often quitting over time due to boredom and pointlessness in the game. Defending a low planet in hopes of keeping low profile thinking big guns don't care? keeping low guilds out? enticing similar leveled guilds/guild members to battle? Lulz. Full on planets or not, tons of hardcore heavy players are bored enough to trash it.
Oh, don't forget the He3 loss in planets is also permanent; attack or defense. Why even bother attacking a defended RBP around your own level?
I'm also getting sick of the races due to nobody wanting to defend (can you blame them?). 9 out of 10 times the race is won based on latency and who can load the fastest, select all fleets the quickest, and hit the attack button before anyone else. Did you make it first round? Roll for IGG fuckery check and see if you're labeled as guildless; shootdowns don't count.

I must agree with this 100%

Signature
Posted on 5/12/15 7:59:07 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Ooooohhh cmon! you still thinking on changing things and discuss over new ideas.... igg cant even fix a betta problem with rbp....they hopeless...
the only reason why im still in with my personal investments into this game is my hope that one day after big losses igg investors will dismiss those dumb managers and bring a new team

Signature
Posted on 5/12/15 8:44:03 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I agree with most of your issues and solutions. However, I do believe we must be careful about what we ask from IGG. PvP is lacking, but we dont want the unchecked misery of go2. 

There are a few conundrums for IGG when it comes to development of go3.

The resource problem is just not having enough. Unfortunately, the need for resources is one of the main driving forces of the game.  It effects pvp, pve and even space bux purchases. To simply say players need more, doesn't seem to address the deeper issues the game has.
 Has cheaper ship builds encouraged attacks?  Does the guilds ability to hold rbp affect resource production? Are people in top guild having the same resource issues as the newer guilds? What will happen if more people are easily procuring resources?  Questions, I would ask before just increasing resources available.

Go3 seems to be have been meant to be a long term revenue producing game. IGG wants you to spend a money here and there to overcome some challenges. (Even-though, I will argue that what IGG wants you to spend is entirely unreasonable and will eventually suffocate the game).

The game is very boring but that is only cause I flew through a lot of it already and there is a lack of meaningful content. The future of the game is predictable and non-appealing.

IGG has to find balance between making content accessible, keeping people interested and making money. It is very hard to do in the gaming worls and very few companies can achieve it.

Signature
Not playing CC anymore
Posted on 5/12/15 9:06:51 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Not saying it is easy, but this is a crucial point in this game. Players quit all over the place, and game is in a dying route. I guess IGG believes so too, removing live support and all. May I guess that its the end of GO3 officially and we are going for GO4 already?

GO2 had its problems but boredom was not one of them. I am not as evolved as some, who "have done it all" and now they are bored because they have nothing to do. I still have missions to go through and upgrades and I still get bored. Its not only that there is not new content, but that there is no PvP, no chat (people have left the game) so nothing to do but click on CC18 and wait for 24 days.

So whats next IGG? Shall we pack it up for GO4?

Signature
Posted on 5/12/15 11:43:16 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Just had the no guild bug when attacking an RBP....   come on this needs to be sorted out.

Signature
Posted on 5/12/15 11:55:14 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

The only sparks of hope I see is the new user input system and future game content (that's not overpowered). IGG is capable of changing a game radically, both for the best and the worst. Old pirate system was bugged horribly, the current pirate system works better (a lot better but that's a matter of opinion).

Can't blaim if people stop spending or stop playing alltoghether. The big challenge now is not to do missions or obtain modules - it's to form a fun community with fellow players that's fun enough to keep going. At least untill new content is introduced. If that won't come soon then GO3 will die before it ever really got going.

Signature
Panis