Galaxy Online 3 Today: 1    Total Posts: 4605

Moderator: Ring

Total:#21

Create Thread

[Chat (Android)] Advice on Tank Fleets

[Copy link] 20/3959

Posted on 5/19/15 11:00:57 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Okay guys... I think it's time to start building some tank fleets. Right now I'm using spinner-10's exclusively with 15 fleets. I have devourer-9 researched and a few thousand build. I was thinking of making some tank fleets, but I need some advice. First of all- I have a 3* maletiz, a 2* kageion, and a 3* nora. (in addition to many others, obviously.)

What commanders are best to use for tanks?

Second of all, should I make my fleets ONLY tank ships (no weapons), or should I mix in some spinners?

Thanks in advance!

Signature
Guild: DBagUnited
We are always welcoming new members and we don't require any donations (although they are always appreciated!)
Posted on 5/20/15 2:09:13 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Good/Decent Tank captains:
Dilara
B9
Shabasti
Niet Khuul
Kageion
Maletiz
Rafia (requires high stats)
Devi Sounten (dangerous; requires some know-how and/or fat ships)
Rayo (requires high stats)
Golga Tzos (requires high stats)
Krina Klaus

Secondary "meh, not-too-great" tanks (only use in dire situations):
Andruul
Luxor
Heloyce
Anything else with high evasion not listed.

I'd refrain from Nora, her skills are best used elsewhere.

Keep tank captains WELL above your damage captains (higher command for bigger stacks/fleet size).

Standard tank fleet formation (replace the Nikos with whatever tank ship you have):

Alternative tank fleet formation (if you're pretty sure you'll keep enemies in front and never behind):

Why the damage ships? Without any weapon in the fleet, the tank will not move.

Signature
Posted on 5/20/15 3:35:34 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Personally I prefere putting 1 Custom-105mm Gatler-3 on my tanks so they always move, otherwise if they punch through or catch them from behind and kill the one stack with weapons they stop moving...

I know this could mean I loose a shield but mehhhh!!

Signature
Ex GO2, S15, S20, S29 and FO2 S2 Leader of D_R
Posted on 5/20/15 8:56:20 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Why does everyone seem to consider Shaba and B9 to be good tank captains? Their abilities do boost important tank stats but not for themselves, only for nearby tanks. Am I missing something?

Signature
Posted on 5/20/15 9:43:52 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Thanks everyone for the input! Now... how many tank fleets should I have? (both for normal missions and for league)

And also... are devourer's decent tank ships?

Signature
Guild: DBagUnited
We are always welcoming new members and we don't require any donations (although they are always appreciated!)
Posted on 5/20/15 10:15:55 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I use 3 for league, with minor changes to each. combined with 2 other fleets with front rows. ~40% of stacks are tanks.

for missions I've been using 4 tank fleets, set for different targets at minimum range (out of 22 fleets). I would recommend having no less than 3. I think I was using 3 up until I had 18 fleets, then added 1 more.

Signature
Game enthusiast and knowledge whore.
Posted on 5/20/15 10:33:27 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

What is meant by the note that Shaba's ability is "stackable"? does she boost friendly evasion by 5 every round? do they have to leave the 4 square range and come back?

Signature
Posted on 5/20/15 11:39:48 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

What do you mean by "I'd refrain from Nora, her skills are best used elsewhere"? How would you use her abilities? I have gone back and forth on using her as a tank, from description it seems like a good idea but the results don't seem to bear it out. I guess I just don't fully understand how her ability works, could you enlighten me?

Signature
Posted on 5/20/15 11:53:24 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

tanks are okay for nora. She however needs a seperate custom ship made for her ships if you take this route. To take full advantage of her ability, you need ballistic weapons (to try to activate it every turn), and you need enough of them to at least do some sort of damage to the enemy ship (if it's a 'miss' it will never activate). As ballistic weapons do the least damage, they can be easily nullified by sagans/other absorbing mods...meaning you need more and more ballistic weapons attached to the custom to guarentee a little bit of damage....taking away the ability to be a 'tank'. So it's a tradoff. Best bet is honestly sticking a high level well rounded ship on her. Most typically thought of as a standard tiamat. However, some well thought out (and thus not many people care to research into it for just 1 specific captain) can be very advantageous for her, but sometimes a crapshoot as the enemy may have more absorption than you had planned for (nullifying both all of her damage, and her ability....making her 100% useless)...meaning you'll need to go back to the drawing board and make a whole new fleet of customs x.x

Signature
Game enthusiast and knowledge whore.
Posted on 5/20/15 12:14:18 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Ok, I get that you can't maximize her ability but I'm still not entirely clear on how it works. Is her ability basically that when she gets shot at she will sometimes shoot back?

Signature