Galaxy Online 3 Today: 3    Total Posts: 4607

Moderator: Ring

Total:#9

Create Thread

[Chat (Android)] Don't be a Jerk Free for All

[Copy link] 8/1173

Posted on 6/12/15 11:10:08 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

• "Don't be a Jerk Free for All" by Lunarcron

Shortly after noon (server time) our planet 3-10 goes into contest period and I thought I'd try something new... and see who's paying attention or just being a jerk. Let's see who actually likes to have some fair fun with the game.

• 5 fleets ONLY (don't be a dick, seriously).
    • Refleet as needed.
    • Full on planets or not, hit it.
    • High, mid-grade, or low levels... GET SOME!
    • We'd like to see several different players from many guilds.
    • NO PLANETARY WEAPONS! (Except Iron Cross... for erm... wut?)

Lunarcron will have an uncoordinated "just toss something in" defense on 3-10. There will be ships of all ranges, weapon types, and levels. There will be a lot less tank fleets. We don't intend on keeping it but we want to have some fun. I have a feeling there's plenty of players who want a little more out of their ships but are either stuck with a race or 12-36 hours of "miss" on repeat.

I'll be looking for a heavy to coordinate with to secure round 1 and let everyone else have a chance to fall in on round 2. Spread the word. Let me know thoughts and opinions.

EDIT: Added server time for clarity.

Signature
Posted on 6/13/15 2:28:25 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

interesting >.>

I'll be taking part 8-)

Signature
Game enthusiast and knowledge whore.
Posted on 6/13/15 5:06:03 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Me approves! Thanks Draco for the awesome idea! Will be there if I am around with my 5 awesome fleets :P

Signature
Posted on 6/13/15 1:52:33 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

There's a shit load of tanks and all luncacron can kill is fodder glass ships lol can't even dent my tanks funny af tho, thanks for hosting the event. Decent PCP event type thing.

Signature
Ign:Cacky
Posted on 6/13/15 9:28:53 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Massive thanks to everyone who joined!!! An equally big thanks to MILES626 of Ancients for holding round 1 for all other participants to drop in together.

I think that overall, it was a successful event. Only a very select few didn't limit their fleets per rules. I believe there were around 30 different players from many guilds on a single battlefield and most of them could actually watch the battle!

It could've been better by planning out the ballistics, timing, and range (also not leaving a path open for tackle breaker to get out of range of ballistics). I was aiming for a little control but not the complete corner pin. We wanted to challenge people of all levels, not take their fleets hostage for a day. There was also the expectation of a super-heavy coming in and wrecking everything.

Again, thanks everyone! We'll have to do it again sometime with more planning and earlier notice!

Signature
Posted on 6/14/15 8:36:41 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

gg to all. i think we learned who the jackasses were >.>.....lolz xD

Signature
Game enthusiast and knowledge whore.
Posted on 6/16/15 2:06:13 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Repeat on 4-7

Signature
Posted on 6/16/15 3:44:39 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

How about doing a Space hunter only party?

Signature
Panis
Posted on 6/17/15 12:37:28 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

That would be freaking epic!!!! It's sad how many people do not have Space Hunters beyond level 3-ish though. :(

...still doable. Keeping this in my pocket. Thanks, EC!

Signature