Galaxy Online 3 Today: 0    Total Posts: 452

Moderator: Ring

Total:#14

Create Thread

[Event] Reinforcement

[Copy link] 13/4682

Posted on 3/19/15 7:33:02 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Another problem with sieges is when we send our ships its one in all in without the ability to time ships arriving at diffrent times as in go2 what we need is to be able to reinforce an attack at diffrent times. For example you send afew tanks in first to draw the enemy fire then could send attack ships to start fighting the send planetary weapon ships when there available to the other side of the map to start working on the pd. Or another example you find someone on the scanner and arnt sure of the weapon types on enemy ships you could send 1 fleet first as a scout then choose attack or not it would give us alot more freedom and give us chance to develop different strategies

Signature
The Pirate Slayer
Posted on 3/19/15 7:42:22 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

That's something most G02(browser) would love to see improved.  However this is a mobile game, so the usual run of the mill instances(Missions, Challenges, Sieges etc) need to be fairly quick.  After all this game is something you play every so often(Work breaks, between class, when the wife is talking..) and not the 24/7 style accustomed to G02.

Signature
超级秘密灰鼠队 chu! chu!

#2012problems
Posted on 3/19/15 7:57:19 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Don't agree alot of people spend hours at a time on here and after all its supposed to be a strategy game and there is no strategy needed in sending 1 mass of fleets to 1 place

Signature
The Pirate Slayer
Posted on 3/19/15 9:45:47 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Here's the question you should be asking IGG:

Which has made IGG more money, GO3 Chinese server or the GO2s New Era Chinese server?

You can't compare the English GO2s as it was only available to Canadians on Google Play, so very few were aware of it's existence.

That's GO2s which looked like GO3 and has a similar interface, but played like GO2 with a galaxy map, planetary weapons, the full suite of hulls, restricted instances, proper research tree etc etc. It had so much potential, you could separated the map into quadrants based upon the players country. Once a week you could have had a battle for the 'citadel' in the center. You could also have launched attacks across quadrants and any player in the target quadrant could intercept the attacking fleets etc.

Based on how much more activity there was on the Chinese GO2s server, at some point someone at IGG has to realise GO2s would have been much more popular than GO3 if it had a world wide release. The only thing that needed addressing in it was the captains, the GO3 captain system is much better. It is better without trading too, but there was still scope for an alternative. You could have had a corp trade store, any player could donate blueprints to the store, they would get nothing in return. Players would use corp donations to buy the blueprints, eliminating the alt issue. This would have replaced the Mall ships, which could then have been moved to the marketplace/ trade center/ black market or whatever you want to call it.

GO3 is destined to only be for casual players. There's no long term aspect, the only real battles are in world chat and are limited to an exchange of words. You have no enemies, no vendettas, no team play etc. 

This is why I also can't understand some of the complaining about NPC/ resources etc. If the game gets modified so that resources are 10x easier to get, what is there left in the game for those players to do?

Signature
Posted on 3/19/15 11:11:57 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I think IGG has the Black Market switched to SB. So there will be no trading center for BP because then dries a source of income for IGG.

Signature
People always disqualify himself.
Posted on 3/19/15 11:55:58 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

@Jonny61.

I'm not suggesting any changes to GO3, i'm just giving examples of what they could have done with GO2s. I don't even think GO3 should exist, GO2s was like Cinderella, the step sister kept in the basement.

But I do think all the hulls in the guild corp are a huge waste, you have just 6 real hulls to use for custom ships. I don't think IGG will take any notice of any suggestions, they won't even budge on the planetary defences. Wormhole blocking isn't a bug, it's been a feature of Galaxy Online II for 6 years.

This is what I regard as wormhole blocking, not what was seen in GO3, and it didn't stop me from being attacked and that's with cannons which actually did damage unlike the nerfed GO3 cannons.

Signature
Posted on 3/19/15 5:47:04 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

@ Rockey. Galaxy Online 2s. It was like this except pirates worked, RBPs worked, it had a Galaxy map. Like GO2 it also had a resource refinery, you could defend your corpmates, when attacked there was an incoming battle notification in the corp hall etc.

When you launch GO3 there's a V3 version number in the bottom corner, both V1 & V2 were GO2s. GO3 uses the same game engine, music, ship designs but for whatever reason they only made the game available to Canadians on the Google Play store. The reason there was a V1 and V2 is because in V1 there was a glitch where people were drawing 9* divines, then came a server reset and V2 launched. It's a shame...

Signature
Posted on 3/19/15 5:48:57 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

oh and everyones favourite early ingame ship, the fleetfoot.

Signature
Posted on 3/19/15 6:06:22 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Note to IGG, even without bribes GO2s had a 4 and 1/2 star rating on Google Play. On my device, GO3 is now showing as having 3 and 1/2 stars and that's with the bribes which probably means it's fluctuating between 3.9 and 4.0 and heading downwards. Take a hint, at some point you will have to realise the changes you're making aren't good for the game, aren't good for your players and aren't good for your revenue. The things that players such as ben are asking to be added, are the very things you've removed from the game. Ben, the OP is a big spender... you've already lost 2 of your biggest spenders this week.

Signature
Posted on 3/19/15 6:13:27 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

On my device there are 52 apps from IGG on Google Play. Galaxy Online 3 has the second lowest rating, the only game that has a worse rating is Freesky Legacy. Freesky Legacy doesn't even have a server, it was switched off around a year ago with the app being left on Google Play.

Signature