Galaxy Online 3 Today: 0    Total Posts: 682

Moderator: Ring

Total:#4

Create Thread

[Bug & Suggestion] Federation League match up

[Copy link] 3/1094

Posted on 4/14/15 12:11:34 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Any idea how does the server does the match up for Federation League?
I was matched up against the same opponent 4 times in a row and this particular opponent happens to be my counter class (armor vs my damage type) and so I lost 4 times in a row.

Shouldn't there be a better match-making system to avoid this kind of scenario from happening?

Signature
Posted on 4/14/15 1:06:55 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Since the recent update, rather than matching you against a random player within your entire division like it used to, it now matches you against a player within your division that has a similar number of league points. 

If you do your matches at the end of the day, you'll face different opponents than if you did the matches at the start of they day from where other players have already done their matches for the day; or vice versa.  So if you want avoid that player, try doing your matches at a different time of day.

Signature
Posted on 6/4/15 7:49:18 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

The current Honor Reward system for League is flawed.
Every League cycle is 3 days or 15 games.

Here is my results:
Rank V:  12 wins - 3 losses,  30 honor/win = 360 honor total
Promoted to Rank VI:  9 wins - 6 losses,  33 honor/win = 297 honor total
Promoted to Rank VII: 4 wins - 11 losses, 37 honor/win = 148 honor total

What's happening here is that I lose HP by getting promoted. 

In GO2, you get honor point whether you win or lose, and your rank determine how much HP you get.  Winning = higher rank = higher HP, and losing = lower rank = lower HP.  This makes perfect sense.

In GO3, it's the freaking opposite, getting promoted means facing stronger opponents = winning less = less HP.  The whole system is backward just like everything else with this game.

Signature
Posted on 6/5/15 4:56:47 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

In GO3, it's the freaking opposite, getting promoted means facing stronger opponents = winning less = less HP.  The whole system is backward just like everything else with this game.

I wouldn't describe it as opposite, but that there's a 'sweet spot' to be depending on how strong you actually are. By being able to analyze these spots (there's several of them out there, to include RBP capture, ladder, league, trophies, etc.) and hold myself in them, as opposed to the common cave man thought of 'moar/higher/larger is always better,' is the only way players like myself are able to stay competitive.

This game is actually deeper on the lines of knowing when to move, and knowing how to optimize yourself.

Also I'd refrain from comparing to go2....because as discussed in many other threads: this game may share a franchise name, but is not the same game; in many aspects.

Signature
Game enthusiast and knowledge whore.